1. Anti-Tippers: Can be attached when the user is active and there may be some danger of falling, tipping, or falling out of the chair. Anti-Tippers make the wheelchair more stable. Sometimes anti-tippers are included as standard equipment on the wheelchair.
2. Seat Belt: Sometimes included on the wheelchair, they can also be purchased separately. A seat belt may be used to keep the user from sliding down or out of the wheelchair.
3. Brake Extensions: Helpful if the user has trouble reaching the brake on the wheelchair. Users with arthritis or other similar conditions may benefit from brake extensions.
4. Positioning Devices: Seat cushions, back cushions, laterals, back supports, and lap trays may help position the wheelchair user.
5. Carry Bags and Shelves: Seat back packs, an under the seat shelf, oxygen tank carrier, and arm rest bags can be attached to the wheelchair for convenience.
To see accessories for wheelchairs: