When incontinence becomes an issue, it is important to determine whether there is a medical problem that needs to be addressed, and, therefore, the individual's doctor should be consulted. The following are a list of some of the factors which you could consider when choosing an adult disposable diaper or undergarment.
1. Men's, Women's or Unisex Design-- Some products are designed with particular anatomy needs, but there are many available which are appropriate for either men or women.
2. Activity Level-- The shape or elasticized sides are some of the design features which may make one adult diaper more useful for an active adult.
3. Size-- Usually sized by hip measurements, in a range of measurements. There is some variation between manufacturers.
4. Diaper or Pull Up-- Diapers close with tabs, with velcro-like or tape tabs. Pull Ups or Undergarments may have sides that are easy to rip open when changing.
5. Absorbency Levels-- Vary from light need to heavy need. Some products may be better for fluid than others. There are some heavy duty versions which are especailly good for overnight usage.
6. Cloth-like or Plastic Backed-- Some individuals do not prefer plastic backed diapers due to the sound which may be present during physical movement. Cloth-like diapers are absorbent and breathable.
If you have any questions, let us know. We can help you find the appropriate product.